Necessary Forms and Items
To have a smooth transition into high school, we have included the following forms for you to complete. To access these forms please join the New Student Orientation Google Classroom (Code: 76k5kdv) complete the forms accessible in classwork (Please see page 3 for detailed instructions on how to access the New Student Orientation Google Classroom).
- Student Emergency Contact Card (blue card, complete both sides)
- Parent/Guardian Home Language Identification Survey (complete page 2 only)
- Residency Questionnaire
- Parent/Guardian Student Ethnic Identification Form
- Parent Preferred Language Form
- Parent Survey
- School Medical Form (Please ask your physician to fax the completed form to 646-231-6165)
All forms MUST be completed and turned into Google Classroom. If you require documents in a different language please email email@example.com.
A message from our PTA president:
Dear Incoming Art and Design Families,
On behalf of the PTA Executive Board, welcome to our unique and dynamic school! There is no place like it.
We know that artists need tools to create and believe that as many barriers as possible should be removed as our students pursue their artistic instruction. Therefore, the PTA subsidizes the freshmen art kits for every incoming student at Art and Design, cutting the cost in half. We hope that this gift shows you how much we believe in the potential of our students and how excited we are to see them flourish.
In the event you need additional support in purchasing the art kit, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to support one another.
I hope that you can become involved in the Art and Design community, and join us as we work to support our incredible faculty, administration and most of all, students.
PARENTS DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN UP ON THE PTA WEBSITE FOR THEIR NEWSLETTER AT http://www.artanddesignpta.org/register
We look forward to meeting you in person when the building reopens.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO ACCESS OUR “NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION” GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Dear Parents or Guardians:
We are pleased to announce that our school is using "GOOGLE CLASSROOM” to bring you immediate information regarding your child's education. “GOOGLE CLASSROOM” allows you to view the following:
- Your child's assignments; school announcements; new calendar listings; upcoming events and much more.
For our New Student Orientation we have created a Google Classroom that allows you to access all the documents we need for you to complete prior to starting at Art & Design.
To access the New Student Orientation Google Classroom, go to www.gmail.com and sign in using the following information
- Your child’s Art & Design email address:
- Your child’s password:
OSIS/Student id #
For example if you are an incoming freshman and your name is Grace Daly with a OSIS/ student id # of 123456789 your art and design email address and password is
- Click on the Google App icon to the right of the screen and navigate to Classroom
- Click on the + sign to the top right of the screen and then join class.
- If you have any difficulty signing into google classroom using your art and design email address, please contact your Parent Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOOGLE CLASS CODE: 76k5kdv